ABC 40 powder is a combination of Mono-ammonium phosphate and ammonium sulphate.
On Class A fires the particles fuse and swell to form a barrier which excludes oxygen and prevents re-ignition. On Class B fires the powder interferes with the chemical reactions, thus the flame ceases to exist.
The powder is nonconductive.
ABC 40 powder will extinguish Class A (carbonaceous) fires, Class B (flammable liquid) fires and Class C (flammable gas) fires.
• Manufactured in Great Britain
• 10 year operational corrosion guarantee
• 10 year quality assurance on material defects and workmanship
• 20 year life cycle
• No service contract required
• Requires only one manufacturer overhaul at 10 years
• A yearly visual maintenance inspection, checking indicators with the magnet
• Super strength Aramid (Kevlar®) type material yarn
• Lightweight for ease of operation
• Kitemark, PED and EN3 approved
• Manufacturer ensures safe disposal of contents when required
• UV protection of the outer casing
• QA laser serial number on outer casing
• Operating valve – nickel plated brass
• World recognised patented design